UXPA Norfolk is a community who serves those with an interest in usability, user experience design, human factors, product development and other UX related topics.
What is User Experience?
“User Experience” (UX) encompasses all aspects of our interaction with a company, its services, and its products (websites, consumer products, advertisements, virtual environments, etc).
The purpose of this group is to provide social and educational platforms for professionals in Hampton Roads to engage in the field of User Experience (UX). Our members are employed in a wide variety of disciplines, including design, human factors, human-computer interaction, information science, web development, informatics, marketing, and teaching.
We are colleagues in pursuit of a common goal: better products and services, better working, and better living through usability.
UXPA Norfolk is a regional chapter of the User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA).
Want to learn more about UX?
- Boxes and Arrows: articles about design principles, processes and methods, interfaces and more
- Nielsen Norman Group: reports and articles regarding groundbreaking research in user experience
- Usability Geek: covers topics ranging from UX and interfaces to conversion
- Usability Post: web design and usability issues
- UXPin Blog: UI resources and tools
- iA: articles containing tips on building effective user interfaces
- Smashing Magazine: a leading website for UX information and articles
- UX Mag: the latest in design and UX strategy
- UX Booth: one of the leading publications for UX topics, held in high regard by the UX community
- 52 Weeks of UX: a UX blog authored by UX designers Joshua Porter and Joshua Brewer
- Johnny Holland: a variety of UX topics
- UX Matters: a site featuring a bounty of useful UX information and tips