September 19th – 21st
TED Constant Convocation Center
Big Blue Room
Register at tinyurl.com/designathon2014
UXPA Norfolk is hosting our annual Design-a-Thon at Start Norfolk 5 this year! Registration for the Design-a-Thon and speaker workshops is only $41.99 (sign up as a UXPA member).
What is Start Norfolk?
Start Norfolk brings the best and brightest together with the purpose of helping individuals build a viable start-up. You might link up with some local talent and work on a new concept, or devise your own concept after being inspired by the workshop speakers! View the full Start Norfolk schedule at startnorfolk.com/schedule.
What is a Design-a-thon?
A Design-a-thon brings together aspiring designers and provides a focused atmosphere for them to brainstorm and create new brands, concepts and products.
Why should I attend?
- Develop a business idea with help from experts like designers, developers, engineers and marketers.
- Meet and engage with others in the local startup, design, and user experience communities.
- Dip your toes into entrepreneurship and design.
- Hear nationally-recognized speakers and have individual access to mentors.
- Hone (or learn new) design skills.
What do I get with my ticket?
- Access to every speaker workshop
- Mentorship opportunities
- Space to work on a project
- Prizes—books, gift cards, discounts codes and shirts!!
Thank you to our sponsors
UXPA Norfolk is the local chapter of UXPA, an international organization dedicated to the principles of User Experience (UX) in design of many types, from websites to mobile applications and more. It covers subjects such as user interface, user-centered design, human factors, human computer interaction and more – all with the improved experience of the user in mind.